Losing weight and having a healthy body and mind is one of the key essentials of leading a peaceful and stress-free life. If you are healthy and have the energy to move and work, you can do anything. If you are unhealthy and often get sick then you waste not only money but also time as you would be spending a lot of time in hospitals rather than having fun.
There are many articles, programs and videos on losing weight but there is no one size that fits all when it comes to weight loss programs. There are weight loss packs Australia, teatox diets and even other restrictive diet plans. It can be hard to know which one to choose so do your research and discuss with a medical professional, preferably a naturopath dietician who can help with your body type.
Here are some golden rules to keep in mind if you want to lose weight naturally:
- Add protein to your diet: protein like meat, fish, eggs or tofu is an essential building block of strong muscles so incorporate that into your diet.
- Eat whole foods wherever possible: try to avoid cooking your foods too much or you will lose the nutrients. Eat whole foods like fruit, vegetables, nut whenever possible. Try different cooking methods like grilling, boiling or steaming which are a lot healthier.
- Avoid processed foods: processed foods are delicious but pack a punch when it comes to calories. The sugar and salt are not beneficial for your waistline in any way so avoid them and try to come up with similar ones at home.
- Stock up of nuts, fruits and healthy snacks: all these have essential minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron so stock up on delicious vegetables, fruits and nuts and snack on these when you get hungry between meals.
- Limit your intake of sugar and salt: the white stuff always make our foods taste delicious but are doing us no favours. Cut down sugar and opt for maple, rice or rice malt syrup to sweeten your foods. If you want to flavour your foods, then use some pepper and herbs and Himalayan salt as opposed to the white stuff.
- Drink lots of water: water helps to remove toxins, hydrate your body, makes your skin glow and helps to prevent many diseases. Always ensure you have your daily eight cups of day.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in your coffee and tea: If you like coffee and tea and have a cup or two before work then try to have them without the sweeteners or in case you really need the sweet taste opt for natural ones like honey, stevia or maple syrup.
- Limit refined carbohydrates: refined carbs can cause a lot weight gain so this is something you should avoid in your diet. Swap with wholegrain or multigrain for the same delicious taste minus the guilt.
- Drink unsweetened green tea: green tea helps to reduce weight so ensure you drink a cup or two of this miracle drink. The taste might take some getting used to so start with a sweetener like stevia or dates but later drink them unsweetened to reap the full benefits.